Sunday, October 30, 2011

Counting our Blessings.

This pass month has been a struggle for us. We are working on getting out of debt and we have been feeling like we never have enough money to be able to get things paid off as fast as we would like. So we decided that we were going to work on it harder together. Justin decided that he would apply for every job that career services sent his way and just hope for the best. Wednesday he received a phone call about a job he applied for and set up an interview. Later that day he had the interview and then had mixed feelings afterwards about getting it. He was told that we would find out Monday after they did more interviews Thursday and Friday. Thursday morning still not feeling like he had a chance of getting the job we talked about just waiting to hear before move on to the next step. 15 hours after his interview he got a call and was offered the job!!
After hearing that Justin got the job and with Thanksgiving coming up I have been doing a lot of thinking about some of the things that I am grateful for.
First off I am thankful for my parents, for raising me and teaching me to be the person that I am today and for not killing me when I was a teenager. I am thankful for all their love, help and support that have given to me and my family.
I am thankful for Justin and for everything that he has does and everything that he is still doing to provide for our family. I am thankful that he is making a huge sacrifice to work 2 full time jobs and go to school part time so that I can be home to raise our kids.
I am thankful for each one of my kids for making my life exciting and keeping me on my toes.
I am thankful for all of the test and trials we have had. Although at the time I am not very thankful for them I really am because they have all taught us a lesson in some way that we have needed and brought us closer together as a couple and a family.


"You know, I try not to look back, because looking forward is so much better then looking backwards" - Jim Bakker


No comments:

Post a Comment